Grade Level Counselor
PSA Counselor, all grades Ms. Barragan-Franco
Special Education and students in the NBET magnet Ms. Adame
Students in resident Nightingale Middle School Ms. Villiers
An interview with Ms. Barragan-Franco:
1. What is your favorite summer activity?
Traveling, but mostly relaxing and spending quality time with my daughter.
2. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
3. Where did you go to college and what was your major?
I attended California State University, Fullerton and was a Spanish major.
4. Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not?
I do and I don't- Depends on what it is- a good surprise or a bad surprise- but overall I do like to be prepared/warned.
5. How did you choose education as your career?
I was offered a job as a teacher at a private school right after I graduated from college- I really liked it and decided to move on to LAUSD where I taught prior to going into PSA counseling.
6. Please give us 5 items of trivia about yourself.
-I was in a beauty pageant when I was in High School
-I attended a religious all girls high school
-I've worked at Sav-on's, EDD Office, local city police department and the southeast court house
-I love to garden, sew, do crafts, and bake
-I love love the movie- 13 going on 30.... :)
An interview with Ms. Villiers:
1. If you could have a lifetime supply of anything, what would it be?
Publishing Clearing House Winnings
2. What is the furthest from home you've ever traveled?
China and the North Cape. My lack of directionality doesn't allow me to pick the furthest place.
3. What are your favorite pizza toppings?
4. Who is/are your favorite artist(s)?
Bob Marley and Grace Jones.
5. Why did you choose education as your career?
I was influenced by my mother and aunt who are teachers.
6. 5 items of trivia
-I am "directionally challenged" (I have a very, very poor sense of direction)
-I did Flamenco dancing for two years
-I love sweeties; I have a wicked sweet tooth
-I hiked up an active volcano
-I have been skydiving